Yea Got to do some stuff to the thing. I got so many tedious bits and bobs to do, with such little time slots each time I get to go and do some. It always seems like one thing can't be done because of some other little thing that requires somehting being sent off and bla bla. There's no point putting the crankcases back together yet, I need a thread fixing in one and a snapped off oil pump stud needs to come out.
I did however manage to tear into the gearbox. It has been dormant in a garden for years, and would not select (ciesed). It came apart easily. It looks a lot worse than it is. Water and rust inside but mostly surface rust. The selector arm bits were rusted/jammed, a bit ot movement freed them up easily. Now I can clean everything and it should be good to go. I also cleaned all the grit and grime off the engine internals. This engine was laying in a yard for years also.