Wednesday 17 October 2012

For Sale Yamaha xs250 1979

This is a Yamaha xs250 twin. I have the documents, they're in the post to be transfere'd to me. For anyone who buys the bike I will sign the new documents and forward them to You when I get them back. I have the new keeper supplement with me as proof. email for more deets. info@corpsesfromhell.co.uk
In these pictures the front claiper is off as I freed it up. It's back on there now.
The bike stood unused in a garage for a long time. We id the usual procedures for starting a bike like this, cleaned all the old fuel from carbs and tank, put some new fuel, and with jump leads (battery's flat) the bike started right up. Looks like it was last on the road in 1997
Seemed to run pretty good. It has really nice exhausts on it too. this would make an ideal cheap commuter or a cafe racer type project bike. While it ran the lights were working, horn and brake lights front and rear. Looks like it dosen't need much for an mot. Just a bit of a tinker and clean it up. Free up and oil any stiff parts. The front brake will need repairing. (old dried up fluid)
I have a red rear seat cowl to go with it too.


7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Custom Motorcycle Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Custom Motorcycle Owners, Builders, Experts, Dealers, Collectors, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Custom Motorcycle Community: http://www.vorts.com/custom_motorcycles/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautyful bike, is that in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hei max
    what's the money u r asking for it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi is this bike still for sale and if so how much are you wanting for it?

    my email is : crispin.t.gates@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi do you have a xs250 fuel tank just like this one for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be breaking this exact model soon as I bought one to use a s a donor bike as I need the engine, wiring loom, front end and wheels everything else will be for sale,
      The fuel tank is in fantastic condition inside no rust what so ever.

      Delete